In order to abide by MSYSA, MSPSP, Director's Academy and MYSL uniform number rules, the following ROFC Premier Jersey Numbering policy applies. Please read prior to choosing player numbers.
General Number Guidelines
- The Club assigns all jersey numbers at its discretion. The Club may provide players with a choice. However, player number selection is not guaranteed.
- All players within a birth year and gender age group will choose different numbers (i.e., all female players born in 2009 will have different numbers regardless of team designation). This practice will help avoid having duplicate player numbers on any team caused by either guest player situations or potential player movement within the two-year uniform cycle.
- Players will choose odd/even numbers consistent with their birth year (i.e., if born in an odd year, they will select an odd number). This policy is for all new ROFC Premier players and any current ROFC Premier players who have number conflicts due to a team change or are choosing to change their number.
- Suppose there is player movement during the year or at tryouts, and we are in the second year of the two-year uniform cycle. In that case, it is the moving player's responsibility, whether they move up or down, to purchase a new set of jerseys if there is a duplicate on their new team.
- At no time will number changes be allowed that will force another player to purchase a new uniform.
- Whenever possible, players should select from numbers 2-40.
- Numbers 0, 00, and 1 are reserved for goalkeeper jerseys, while guest player/"blood jerseys" should be numbered 60-99.
- Number selections contrary to this policy must work for all the teams in the affected age group and require Club approval before any uniform purchases.
- Royal Oak FC is a club that prides itself on its sense of community. In that spirit, the Club expects players and families to resolve conflicts as amicably and as economically as possible. When it is all said and done, common sense should prevail.
Players Entering U8
- Parent/player will provide team manager or Club admin with top three jersey odd/even number choices consistent with their birth year (they can do this during registration).
Returning Players - Remaining on the Same Team
- If players are returning to the same team as the previous year, they may retain their number. They may choose a new number as long as it doesn't conflict with a current player on that team or a new player joining that team, or any existing numbers in that gender age group. Any change of number must be odd/even consistent with their birth year.
Returning Players - Changing Teams
- If a player joins a different team than the previous year, they may retain their current number or choose a new one as long as it doesn't conflict with any player currently on that team or in that gender age group. Any change of number must be odd/even consistent with their birth year.
Returning Players - Brand New Teams
- If a brand new team has formed from a combination of other teams, players may retain their number or choose a new one as long as it doesn't conflict with other players joining that team. Any change of number must be odd/even consistent with their birth year.
- In the case of a conflict between players with the same numbers, seniority within the Royal Oak FC Premier program would decide who keeps the number. Should the players involved have the same seniority, a coin flip will determine priority in choosing.
- Should a player leave the Royal Oak FC Premier program, then come back, their seniority starts over.
- Should team transition happen after uniform ordering has occurred, the responsibility of choosing a new number will then fall to the latest player to join that team.
Players New to ROFC
- Players new to ROFC Premier will choose a number that does not conflict with any player in that age group. Number choice must be odd/even consistent with their birth year.